Do you like to write? Are you a news junkie? Do you want to work from the comfort of your own home (or favorite cafe)? Then check out these internship opportunities with The NewsRun! Please note that The NewsRun is based in the U.S. and follows Eastern Standard Time (EST).
CONTENT WRITER INTERN
The NewsRun is on the lookout for 1 Content Writer to help write the daily email newsletter. The newsletter covers general news, political news, and business news. There is also a special section called 'The Good Stuff' that exclusively highlights positive/uplifting news. The writer will be expected to research a relevant news story and summarize it in the same tone, voice, and style of the newsletter.
The time commitment for this role is about 3 hours from Monday to Friday. Interns need to submit entries by 10:30am EST. An editor proofreads the newsletter before it is mailed out. Aiming to publish the newsletter by 11:30am EST.
Candidates should have:
• A Bachelor's degree OR be working towards a degree.
• A Major in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or PR.
• 1 to 3 years of writing, research, and editing experience.
• An interest in media and Pakistan!
• Get to work remotely (yay flexibility)!
• Get some resume worthy experience working for a growing media startup.
• Receive a recommendation letter.
• Receive a monthly stipend.
BRAND AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Are you a college student who loves The NewsRun? If you strongly believe in the brand and want to spread the word about our newsletter, here's your chance to become a brand ambassador!
Brand Ambassador role & responsibilities:
• Post flyers around campus (will email these to you).
• Promote The NewsRun on social media.
• Tell your friends to sign up for The NewsRun.
• Wear brand swag (e.g. T-Shirt).
• Hold presentations or Info sessions about The NewsRun.